Posts for tag: cosmetic dentistry
Do You Need Dental Implants?
There are several restorative procedures that can help rejuvenate and strengthen your smile, but dental implants are the best. If you're interested, Dr. Carl Tegtmeier can provide dental implants in Mount Kisco, NY.
The Dental Implant Procedure
Dental implants are one of many restorative procedures, like dentures and bridges. Dental implants consist of several parts:
- A titanium post inserted into the jawbone
- A screw that secures an abutment
- A crown matching the rest of your teeth
Your Mount Kisco dentist surgically inserts a titanium post into your jaws to replace your missing tooth root. It provides stability and strength while preventing any weakening or shrinkage of the jawbone. After inserting the titanium post, the dentist seals your gums and allows 3 to 6 months for osseointegration (connection) to occur. Following this period, your dentist re-opens the area above the titanium post, inserts a screw, places an abutment above the screw and secures a crown on top that matches the rest of your teeth.
The Advantages to Dental Implants:
- They restore bite and chewing function
- They restore cracks, chips, or fractures one tooth, a few teeth or all of your teeth
- Dental implants don't move while you're eating or speaking
- Dental implants can last a lifetime
- They fill gaps to give you a wider, fuller smile
Preserving Your Implants:
You need to take proper care of your dental implants. Here are some things preventative measures:
- Receiving fluoride treatment and using fluoride-containing products like toothpaste and mouthwash
- Avoiding tobacco, smoking, and drinking too much coffee and tea
- Drinking fluoride-containing water, to prevent issues like gum disease and tooth decay
- Getting professional dental cleanings and checkups every six months to remove hardened plaque
- Flossing at least once before bed
- Brushing your teeth for at least two minutes twice a day, while holding the brush at a 40-degree angle
If you have more questions or concerns about dental implants, call your Dr. Carl Tegtmeier's office in Mount Kisco, NY, at (914) 241-2069.
A house makeover. A hair makeover. A wardrobe makeover. Do you daydream about them? No, for you, the ideal transformation is a smile makeover, and Dr. Carl Tegtmeier can help you achieve it. His cosmetic dentistry services in Mount Kisco, NY change less than perfect teeth into winning smiles.
Where do you start?
The best renewed smiles begin with a plan. Start your smile makeover by deciding how you want your teeth and gums to improve. Are your teeth crooked or gapped? Would you like to brighten your tooth color? Could your two front teeth be evened in length?
With your ideas in mind, talk to Dr. Tegtmeier about them. He'll examine your teeth and gums, take X-rays and tell you what aesthetic services could create your ideal look.
What are those cosmetic services?
Dr. Tegtmeier and his team offer many different aesthetic treatments--from simple to complex. But, before you decide on them, you and your cosmetic dentist in Mount Kisco will agree on a realistic care plan. In other words, you'll choose the services to fit your timeline, budget and desired outcomes.
Here are some of the treatments Dr. Tegtmeier offers:
- Cosmetic resin bonding Using a tooth-colored blend of glass and acrylic, your dentist remakes teeth marred by chips, cracks, small gaps, and other minor defects. These repairs last for years and look natural.
- Porcelain veneers Customized shells of realistic ceramic, veneers cover the front of teeth which have deep stains, pits, crowding, uneven shape, and more.
- Tooth-colored fillings repair tooth decay with natural-looking composite resin. These restorations require less enamel preparation than amalgam fillings.
- Professional teeth whitening is the most popular aesthetic treatment, says the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. Powerful hydrogen peroxide gel removes stains at home or at the dental office, improving color dramatically.
- Invisalign clear aligners Dr. Tegtmeier offers short-term orthodontic treatment with these invisible acrylic appliances. A great alternative to metal braces, Invisalign aligners are removable, comfortable and easy to clean.
- Dental implants, dentures, bridges These tooth replacements fill smile gaps, giving patients more natural oral function and youthful facial appearance.
- Porcelain crowns These tooth-shaped caps cover and protect remaining healthy structure when a tooth has been damaged by decay, oral trauma, or abscess. Crowns also restore dental implants.
What can we do for you?
Dr. Tegtmeier and his team are committed to delivering your best smile--one you'll just love. Why not contact the office for a cosmetic dentistry consultation in Mount Kisco, NY? Phone (914) 241-2069.
Your Mount Kisco, NY, cosmetic dentist has a solution for discolored teeth. He provides teeth whitening solutions that can make your smile three to eight times brighter.
The in-office teeth whitening your doctor uses is a safer and faster route than the over-the-counter kits. Your Mount Kisco dentist will first examine your teeth to make sure you don't have any serious issues, like cavities. He will then place a retractor in your mouth, which will keep your cheeks and lips away from the whitening gel used. The gel contains a high concentration of bleaching material and professional-strength hydrogen peroxide gel that should only be handled by a professional equipped and experienced at using it. The gel is then applied and left on your teeth for about an hour, then removed.
Another way to help your smile is to use a take-home whitening kit from your doctor's office. Your doctor will make a mold of your teeth to design a custom-made mouth tray that can fit over your top and bottom teeth. You simply fill the plastic trays with gel, place them over your teeth and wait for about an hour. You may have to repeat this process several times depending on the shade you want.
Teeth whitening is a great option to improve that gorgeous smile you already have, but taking care of your teeth is just as important. There are a few tips you can follow to ensure you keep your white smile.
- Make sure to reduce and avoid unhealthy habits, like drinking coffee or tea.
- Quit smoking and chewing tobacco; they stain your teeth and cause oral diseases.
- Maintaining a healthy oral regimen, like brushing your teeth twice a day and flossing at least once will keep your teeth looking white and healthy.
If you have any questions or would like to make an appointment just call your Mount Kisco, NY, dentist today!
How a teeth whitening treatment from your Mount Kisco dentist can enhance your smile
You love your coffee in the morning, but you don’t love what it does to your teeth. You’ve noticed dark brown stains on your teeth that weren’t there before. The truth is it isn’t just coffee that can stain teeth. Drinking red wine or eating highly-pigmented foods like berries can stain your teeth too, and let’s not forget about how tobacco use can darken your teeth.
Now, thanks to professional teeth whitening treatments, you can say goodbye to your dental stains. Dr. Carl Tegtmeier in Mount Kisco, NY wants to help you discover what a professional teeth whitening treatment can do for your smile.
If you have a stained smile, you could choose a generic whitening product and purchase it in the grocery store. The bad news is over-the-counter whitening products often don't provide dramatic results and the abrasive chemicals can actually harm your teeth. Not only do you not have a whiter smile, but you may have tooth sensitivity too!
Choosing a professional teeth whitening treatment is a much better option because you will experience:
- Dramatic results, up to 4 shades whiter
- Quick results, treatment takes about an hour
- Long-lasting results, which can last up to 5 years
Professional teeth whitening treatments are also much less expensive than other cosmetic dental treatments. Dr. Tegtmeier offers these teeth whitening treatment options:
In-office whitening, which takes about an hour; professional strength whitening gel is applied to your teeth and accelerated using a high-tech ultraviolet light. This is a great option for people on-the-go, or if you need a whiter smile for a special event.
Take-home whitening kits, which allow you to whiten your teeth when you want, in the privacy of your home; the kit contains custom-made whitening trays and whitening gel.
Isn’t it time you said goodbye to your dental stains? Now you can, thanks to professional teeth whitening. Take a step toward a brighter, whiter smile and call Dr. Carl Tegtmeier in Mount Kisco, NY today!
How cosmetic dentistry from Mount Kisco, New York, can enhance your smile
Do you love your smile? If so, that’s wonderful. But, if not, there are many ways to get a smile you love. Cosmetic dentistry is a type of dentistry designed to give you a smile that looks great and makes you feel good about yourself. Dr. Carl Tegtmeier in Mount Kisco, New York, wants to share the facts about a few cosmetic dental procedures that can help you love your new smile.
Many people choose a professional teeth whitening treatment as an inexpensive way to renew a dull, aging smile. You can whiten your teeth up to 8 shades whiter and the results can last up to 5 years! Dr. Tegtmeier offers two whitening methods: in-office whitening which is the quick way to a whiter, brighter smile because it takes only about an hour, or a convenient take-home whitening kit, which allows you to whiten whenever you wish.
You may want to try out cosmetic bonding, which is a non-invasive procedure to mask many common aesthetic issues with your teeth. Cosmetic bonding allows you to hide small chips and cracks, change the color of a tooth, and even cosmetically change the positioning of rotated teeth.If you want a dramatic change to the look of your smile, you can choose porcelain veneers, the go-to treatment for a celebrity-perfect smile. Porcelain veneers can hide major problems with your teeth, including teeth that are worn down, chipped, cracked, discolored, poorly shaped or broken. You can even cosmetically change the alignment of teeth.
It’s time to get the smile you love by calling Dr. Carl Tegtmeier in Mount Kisco, New York. Don’t wait to start on your new beautiful smile, call today!