You wish to preserve your teeth and gums for the rest of your life. That includes smile aesthetics. To improve how you look and feel about your appearance, explore professional teeth whitening from Dr. Carl Tegtmeier in Mount Kisco—read on to learn more!
What is professional teeth whitening?
Available in two versions—in-office and at-home—teeth whitening uses powerful hydrogen peroxide gel to bleach out deeply embedded organic stains. These discolorations come from tobacco, the foods we eat, and the drinks we consume. Poor oral hygiene and the simple passage of time also greatly add to the problem.
Unfortunately, only brushing and flossing may be inadequate. Also, over the counter strips, toothpastes, and rinses often don't work and may even harm sensitive oral tissues if improperly used.
That's where teeth whitening from Dr. Tegtmeier and his Mount Kisco professionals come in. As a whitening patient, your dentist will examine your teeth and gums to ensure this simple process will be safe and effective. Your treatment will be supervised to ensure proper application.
Does teeth whitening work?
Yes, it does because the hydrogen peroxide gel penetrates your tooth enamel, breaking the bonds between the calcified matrix and the organic stains. Your smile will also remain bright and sparkling if you:
- Brush, floss, and get routine cleanings and check-ups at Dr. Tegtmeier's office.
- Avoid tobacco products (smokeless tobacco, cigarettes, cigars).
- Limit how much coffee, tea, cola, and wine you drink.
- Rinse with water or brush if you eat curry, soy sauce, tomatoes, and other darkly-colored or acidic foods.
- Stay hydrated by drinking several glasses of water daily.
- Get occasional whitening touch-ups at your dental office.
You can flash a bright smile after professional teeth whitening from Dr. Carl Tegtmeier and his team. Contact our Mount Kisco today at (914) 241-2069 for a cosmetic dentistry consultation.