Dental crowns are necessary for protecting your teeth and providing aesthetic appeal. Dr. Carl Tegtmeier, your Mount Kisco, NY, family dentist provides his patients with crowns.
More About Crowns
A crown is a dental restoration that completely covers teeth above the gum line. Unlike veneers, dental crowns are placed over the tooth. Dental veneers are only cemented on the surface.
Crowns are dental caps that cover several types of issues, like
- damaged teeth
- teeth suffering from decay
- unattractive or unsightly teeth
Benefits of Crowns
Crowns are made of high-tech porcelains or dental ceramics and fit in with the rest of your smile.
Other materials include:
- porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns (a metal interior for strength and porcelain exterior for a natural appearance)
- all-porcelain crowns with zirconia (the strongest ceramic)
Other advantages include:
- Crowns strengthen and/or reinforce damaged teeth
- They restore normal function, like chewing or bite
- They improve the appearance of your smile
How do you take care of dental crowns?
There are essential oral habits you should have.
A few are mentioned below:
Brushing your teeth and flossing everyday isn't enough. You need to know how to brush and floss properly. Hold your brush at an angle so you can get hard-to-reach places. It's important to brush twice a day.
Make sure to floss daily.
Do you need to talk to a dentist?
Dr. Carl Tegtmeier, your Mount Kisco, NY, family dentist provides his patients with crowns to help reinforce teeth and improve their aesthetic appeal. To learn more, call his office at (914) 241-2069!